ead-content'/> Barrusclet - A French Farmhouse: Renovating a house in France

Welcome to Barrusclet

Welcome to Barrusclet
12 x 6 metre pool at Barrusclet

Monday 27 August 2012

Renovating a house in France

Before and After
The Salon at Barrusclet

Barrusclet - French farmhouse to rent in the Midi-Pyrenees

Would you believe me if I told you these two rooms were one and the same? When we bought Barrusclet in 2007 and started renovating we were in for a few surprises. Some were good and some were bad. This was a great discovery, and is one of my favourite details of the house. I had an inkling that there was a blocked up window behind that plastered recess, but I was really thrilled when we uncovered a beautiful arched window. (Always my favourite on Playschool). Also lurking behind all that mouldy paper and plaster was gorgeous stone wall, and a huge beam which had been plastered over was revealed in all it's glory. this is now the Salon at Barruslcet. Previously it had been used as a bedroom. There were no bedrooms upstairs when we started, in fact there weren't even any stairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment