ead-content'/> Barrusclet - A French Farmhouse: Roof Beams

Welcome to Barrusclet

Welcome to Barrusclet
12 x 6 metre pool at Barrusclet

Tuesday 7 September 2010

Roof Beams


When we bought Barrusclet an upstairs did not really exist. We hoped that we might find some lovely old beams up there, but it was all pretty industrial. We have now taken delivery of new beams to support the roof. I am a bit disappointed with the designs for the trusses because it is all very angular and I don't think that attractive. I feel we have not explored the options well enough because we are now having to make quick decisions to get things on to site and keep the workforce busy and the project moving forward. This is all roaring ahead quicker than we imagined it might, and decisions (even important ones) are having to be made daily and at speed. I know they will look fine, but I also know they will never be as lovely as they might have been. We certainly won't be doing them again. I guess I should just get over it!
Barrusclet - French farmhouse to rent in the Midi-Pyrenees

No comments:

Post a Comment